As a British Council student, the library has plenty of useful resources which will help you. Our library services can help to improve your English, prepare for a Cambridge or IELTS exam, or keep you up to date with the best contemporary British fiction, TV series and films.
The British Council library is a unique resource centre where you can find more than 8,000 English language resources carefully selected by our expert staff. All our current students can take advantage of all the materials available by either using them on-site in our study area or by taking them out on loan.
As a student you get access to:
- Our team - our knowledgeable staff will help you to choose the best materials for your needs.
- Library advisors - maximise your learning potential outside the classroom by talking individually about your British Council English classes. Please talk with the Library Assistant to book a session.
- English learning materials - including skill books, course books, easy readers, magazines and much more.
- Cambridge and IELTS preparation - resources that will help you practice for the exams.
- Young readers - a small fiction section for younger students in a special Young Learner section, including a range of audio books. Our Library Assistants will be happy to help you and your child explore the resources available.
- British fiction - a selection of contemporary books and audiobooks.
- Teaching resources - we offer a large collection of ELT books from beginning to advanced levels, and children to adult learners.
- DVDs - more than 2,000 subtitled DVDs covering the best of British film, television drama, comedy, documentaries and educational.
- A study area - with wi-fi and five computers.
Our opening times and contact details
Address: Amigó 83, 08021 Barcelona
Telephone: 93 241 97 11
Monday to Friday 9:30 - 21:00
Saturday 10.30 - 14.00 (lending service up to 13.45)
*Closed on Sunday and public holidays