Whether your students are teenagers or adults preparing for their Cambridge English Qualifications: B2 First, B2 First for Schools and C1 Advanced, LearnEnglish Exams provides them with motivating practice exercises. There are two levels available: Success in B2 First and Success in C1 Advanced.
With this online resource your students can:
- Read expert advice and tips about how to approach each skill and the different types of questions in their exam.
- Complete practice exercises and get instant answers with explanations for Listening, Reading and Use of English.
- Analyse model answers for Speaking and Writing.
- Apply different exam strategies in the practice exercises to help them to do better on each paper.
- Reflect on their learning and see why they got something right or wrong.
- Improve their writing and speaking answers and their confidence in answering these questions.
- Submit up to two of their writing and speaking answers online and receive personalised feedback by email from a British Council expert within three days.
- Find links to more online materials to help them improve their English skills further
If you are a teacher, to support your students, LearnEnglish Exams offers access to help you see your students’ progress and results.
- Access the Schools Area in Success in B2 First and Success in C1 Advanced.
- View the materials for candidates in Success in B2 First and Success in C1 Advanced.
- View a list of your students that have access to the website.
- Check your students’ scores in the automated Reading, Use of English and Listening exercises and the date completed.
- Review your students’ writing and speaking feedback. In our full version you can see your students’ personalised feedback from a British Council expert and the date it was completed.
- Read expert advice and teaching tips for each skill.
Download our LearnEnglish Exams Guide for teachers (see below) for more information.
How do students and teachers access LearnEnglish Exams?
As an Addvantage member, all of your registered B2 First (FCE), B2 First for Schools (FCEfS) and C1 Advanced (CAE) candidates can access LearnEnglish Exams. Please see the group registration form for more information on how to register. Students and teachers will receive a personal username and password by email a few days after the exam registration is completed. This will give you immediate access to the LearnEnglish Exams website. Access is exclusive to candidates who register for these exams with the British Council and Addvantage member schools and institutions.
Getting started is easy!
Go to learn-english-exams.britishcouncil.org and enter your username and password. Watch the video to find out more about LearnEnglish Exams.