Working for the British Council offers a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in international cultural relations. You will be part of a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Our jobs offer you a scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment. You will be encouraged to pursue your personal and professional development via training, on-the-job-coaching, and individual study.
The British Council in Spain has 7,400 staff members in offices, teaching centres, libraries and information and resource centres in theUK and more than 100 countries and territories worldwide.
If you would like to work as an English teacher at the British Council you must have the following qualifications and experience:
- a first degree
- recognised teaching certificate level TEFL qualification e.g. Cambridge ESOL or Trinity TESOL
- at least two years of experience of teaching English
- be a native speaker of English or have the equivalent fluency.
For more information, please contact one of our teaching centres below:
- Barcelona - email@example.com
- Bilbao - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madrid - email@example.com
- Palma de Mallorca - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Segovia - email@example.com
- Valencia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Council School (Madrid) - For primary and secondary (UK national curriculum) teaching positions email@example.com
TEACHING OUTSIDE OF SPAIN
For more information about worldwide teaching vacancies, visit our Teaching English pages.