The British Council’s Alcalá teaching centre offers a wide range of classes for learners at all levels, designed so that students can progress from beginner right up to proficiency level.
Courses are open to anyone over 16 at the start of the course, and special discounts are available to students and employees at the Universidad de Alcalá (UAH) and the Centro Universitario Cardenal Cisneros (CUCC).
We offer high quality General English courses for adults during the academic year within various faculties of Alcalá University. We also offer exam preparation courses for IELTS and Cambridge PET, First Certificate and Advanced exams as well as Oral Communication Skills courses. Our highly qualified and experienced teachers will help you on your journey to a better level of English.
We support your learning both inside and outside the classroom. We offer:
- a free membership of our library for all students, offering a wide range of learning resources
- an online student portal which offers a wide variety of learning resources and teaching centre news
- counselling for all adult students
- extra conversation workshops
- free mock exams for Cambridge First Certificate and Advanced exams
- workshops and advice on APTIS tests
- students from Alcalá University and Centro Universitario Cardenal Cisneros receive credits (ECTS) towards their degrees depending on the level of English course they pass with us.
There are usually a maximum of 15 students per class.