British Council, thanks to its long-term partnership with The Grierson Trust, and Casa Planas presents Film Nights, a selection of the best international documentaries.
The Grierson Trust commemorates the pioneering Scottish documentary maker John Grierson (1898-1972), famous for Drifters and Night Mail and the man widely regarded as the father of the documentary.
Each year, The Grierson Trust recognises the best documentary filmmaking from Britain and abroad through their prestigious British Documentary Awards.
- 26 June – “David Hockney - A Bigger Picture” Bruno Wolheim (2010)
- 3 June – “How to Change the World”, Jerry Rothwell (2016)
- 10 July – “The Pacemaker”, Selah Hennessy (2016)
- 17 July – “Chopin Saved my Life”, James Kent (2012)
- 24 July - “The Secret World of Lego”, Christian Trumble (2015)
Original version without subtitles.