Shakespeare “lives” and is more modern than ever. Internet and its interactive tools offer us new ways of experiencing Shakespeare’s life and works. We’re delighted to suggest the following digital activities which will allow you to enjoy, visit and discover the British dramatist’s world from the comfort of your home:
- Visit the Globe – Shakespeare’s theatre in 360º on your iPad
- If you’re already an expert on Shakespeare’s works direct the actors yourself and choose their tone of voice, expression and feelings in each scene in Staging it.
- A play for the stage and for your tablet. This was the challenge undertaken by the Royal Shakespeare Company together with Google Creative Lab with “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. At the same time as the audience enjoyed the play from their seats, an online audience was able to discover new characters and hidden stories backstage.
- If you’d like to visit the Royal Shakespeare and its dressing rooms this is the place to do so in collaboration with the Google Cultural Institute.
- And we’re delighted to invite you to enjoy Alex Hassell’s performance in “Henry V” in 360º on your mobile, computer and tablet here.