Registering for a course at the British Council is easy.
STEP 1 – Book a free online consultation
- To help us find the right course for your child, you need to book a consultation with us before they register.
- You can book a free consultation online and choose a suitable time and date.
- You can usually choose between an online consultation or a face to face consultation in one of our centres.
- Your child does not need to do the online level check if:
· They have done the placement test within the past six months or studied with us in the last year.
· Children aged 7 or under do not need to do a placement test. However, you can still book a consultation to discuss their English learning needs with us.
STEP 2 – Complete a short online level check
- Once you have booked a consultation, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the level check for 8 to 17 yr olds.
- Your child should complete the level check before their consultation so that we can help you choose the right course (please write to email@example.com if your child requires an adapted version of the test for special educational needs).
- We will talk about the results of the level check during the consultation.
STEP 3 – Attend your consultation
- In your confirmation email, you will receive a Zoom link allowing you to join the consultation.
- During the consultation, one of our teachers will talk to your child and do an oral level check. They will also speak with you about the results of the level check and the right course for your child.
- The consultation will take between 10 and 20 minutes.
Step 4 – Register
- After your consultation, you can register and pay for your chosen course.
- You must be 18 years old to be able to pay and register for a course.
For more information about courses and prices, see our English courses for children page.