We are able to refund your examination fee only under the following conditions:
- If an application to withdraw the examination fee is submitted no later than the specified deadline on the regulations for a Cambridge English Examination. You will find this information when registering online
- If the candidate was absent during the examination for medical reasons. You must submit the application no later than the specified deadline on the regulations for a Cambridge English Examination. You will find this information when registering online
- Because of compassionate reasons.
If you withdraw your application, you should contact your corresponding British Council Examination Centre by the stated deadline and send the following documents:
- The refund form attached in the Downloads area below, completed and signed
- Proof of payment
- Documentary proof of the bank account holder/bank account number relationship (a screenshot of your online banking information or the first page of your bankbook)
- In the case of a medical refund, a medical certificate stating the day of the exam you missed or on which you are unable to take the exam
- In the case of compassionate reasons, please send a certificate of the reason
Any request for refunds carries an administration penalty fee that you will find in the regulations for a Cambridge English Examination. You will find this information when registering online.
Partial refunds will always be made by bank transfer.
Your request and your supporting documents must be sent to the corresponding British Council Examination Centre by email.
All approved requests for refund are processed within 30 days of the receipt of the full set of correctly completed documentation.
Fees cannot be transferred to a later exam period or from one level of examination to another.
The date and the venue of the written parts of the examination cannot be changed. Candidates can request to change the date and time of the speaking test only under special circumstances and always with certificated proof. Please contact your British Council Examination Centre for further information.