APPLICATION PERIOD FOR 2022 CLOSED. DISCOVER OUR NEW WINNER HERE SOON.
This year we celebrate the VIII anniversary of the British Council IELTS Award in Spain. From all the events we sponsor, this is the more rewarding of all. We are really grateful to our past winners for sharing with us, during these past years their experiences and emotions, and we are very proud of what they have achieved so far. We invite you to follow us on our YouTube channel.
The British Council IELTS Award 2022 is designed to assist a dynamic, innovative, sociable individual with commitment to developing their career and who can also demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies and become an IELTS Ambassador. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
The IELTS Award is now available in Spain and will enable the successful applicant to study in Spain or abroad. The applicants should be registered on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme, including the Erasmus+ or a bilateral agreement between universities that accept IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The IELTS Award is worth up to 10,000 EUROS, which will go towards the cost of tuition fees and/or accommodation expenses.
- Application period: until 30 June 2022 (closed)
- Shortlisting: 15 July 2022.
- Presentation and interview of the 5 shortlisted applicants: 16-29 July 2022
- Announcement of winner of IELTS Award: 12 August 2022
- Award ceremony: 9 September 2022
To be eligible to apply for the IELTS Award you must:
- Be aged 18 years before or on 31 December 2022
- Be a Spanish citizen or have a Spanish residence permit.
- The IELTS Award is worth up to 10,000 EUROS, which will go towards the cost of tuition fees and/or accommodation expenses.
- Be planning to enrol or be studying in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course in Spain or abroad, including Erasmus+ or any bilateral agreement between universities that is taught in English. The institutions must accept IELTS as part of its admission requirements as proof of the candidate's English Level. (please check the official recognition list).
- The academic year should start between August and December 2022.
- Be able to provide an acceptance offer from the relevant institution by 15 July 2022.
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre or venue in Spain or an IELTS Indicator at home with the British Council between 1 May 2021 and 30 June 2022.
- Have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5 - B2 on the IELTS test.
How to apply
Application period for 2022 closed
- Selection process
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria before being assessed by a panel of British Council and Higher Education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a British Council office in Spain to be interviewed by a panel of British Council/Higher Education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.