This year we will celebrate the V anniversary of the British Council IELTS Award in Spain. From all the events we sponsor, this is the more rewarding of all. We are really grateful to our past winners for sharing with us, during these past years their experiences and emotions, and we are very proud of what they have achieved so far. To celebrate our V anniversary we have planned a series of activities that include masterclasses, a raffle of IELTS preparation courses, interviews with our past winners where they will tell us about their experiences, challenges and achievements. We invite you to follow us on our social media.
The British Council IELTS Award 2019 is designed to assist a dynamic, innovative, sociable individual with commitment to developing their career and who can also demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates. The IELTS Award is now available in Spain and will enable the successful applicant to study in Spain or abroad on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at an institution of higher education that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The IELTS Award is worth up to 10,000 EUROS, which will go towards the cost of tuition fees only and which will be paid directly to the institution.
- Application period until the 3 June 2019.
- Shortlisting: Week of the 10 June 2019.
- Presentation and interview of shortlisted applicants: From 17 to 21 June 2019.
- Announcement of winner of IELTS Award: week of the 24 June 2019.
To be eligible to apply for the IELTS Award you must: (pending to be confirmed for 2019)
- Be aged 18 years before or on 31 December 2019
- Be a Spanish citizen or have a Spanish residence permit.
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Spain and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between from 1 May 2018 until the 3 June 2019, issued by the British Council in Spain. (Please note that the last opportunity to have the TRF in time will be the 18 May 2019).
- Have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS test.
- Be planning to enrol in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme in Spain or abroad that is taught in English in the academic year beginning in August 2019.
- Be planning to attend an institution of higher education that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list).
- Be able to provide an acceptance or conditional offer from the relevant institution by 30 June 2019.
How to apply
- Application period is now open. Please register here
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria before being assessed by a panel of British Council and Higher Education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a British Council office in Spain to be interviewed by a panel of British Council/Higher Education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.
- Application period will clode on Monday 3 June 2019 at 23:59.
- You may also apply to the 'Global Study Awards'.