The British Council IELTS Award 2018 is designed to assist a high-calibre individual who has a strong motivation to develop their career and who can also demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates. The IELTS Award is now available in Spain and will enable the successful applicant to study in Spain or abroad on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at an institution of higher education that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The IELTS Award is worth up to 10,000 EUROS, which will go towards the cost of tuition fees only and which will be paid directly to the institution.
- Application period: until Monday 4 June 2018 at 09:30am (UTC+1).
- Shortlisting: From the 4 to the 11 June 2018.
- Presentation and interview of shortlisted applicants: From 18 to 22 June 2018.
- Submission of acceptance letter received from relevant institution of higher education: 30 June 2018.
- Announcement of winner of IELTS Award: week of the 25 June 2018.
To be eligible to apply for the IELTS Award you must:
- Be aged 18 years before or on 31 December 2018
- Be a Spanish citizen or have a Spanish residence permit.
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Spain and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between from 1 June 2017 until the 3 June 2018, issued by the British Council in Spain.
- Have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS test.
- Be planning to enrol in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme abroad in the academic year beginning in August 2018.
- Be planning to attend an institution of higher education that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list).
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant institution by 30 June 2018.
How to apply
- Take an IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Spain and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between (date to be confirmed), issued by the British Council in Spain.
- Please complete this application form.
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria before being assessed by a panel of British Council/Higher Education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a British Council office in Spain to be interviewed by a panel of British Council/Higher Education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.
- Monday 4 June 2018 9.30 (UTC+1). You may also apply to the 'Global Study Awards'.