Working with the University of Oxford's Department for Education, the British Council has developed a training course for lecturers. The Academic Teaching Excellence (ATE) is for lecturers who teach subjects in English. ATE is a methodology course and offers lecturers hands-on linguistic tools and teaching strategies to communicate with students in an effective manner. It can also help lecturers attract more international students to their course.
Not what I had expected but much better, it has made me think about aspects that I had never thought about.
Course Participant ATE Spain.
Why choose ATE?
- our course helps you make the change to delivering your courses in English
- you gain knowledge of linguistic tools and teaching strategies to improve teaching quality
- ATE advances your confidence in delivering lectures in English
- the training develops your language skills in different learning contexts 1:1, supervision, discussions, seminars and tutorials
We work directly with Higher Education institutions to deliver our training in either of the following formats. Course dates can be arranged directly with institutions to best suit teaching schedules. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 1. Face to face seminar . (35 hours).
Lectures and workshops are delivered over 5 days (consecutive or in 2 shorter periods). The course can be delivered at British Council premises on behalf of institutions or at partner premises.
* final number of face to face hours depends on micro teaching sessions necessary for all course participants.