Aptis ESOL - Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please find detailed information on the Aptis ESOL Cancellation and Refund Policy.
To apply for an Aptis ESOL test cancellation:
- If you are an individual candidate and have registered for the exam through our online registration system, you must complete and submit the online Refund form available at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a registered candidate through a third party, (e.g. Aptis ESOL agent, preparation centre or university), you must inform the registering institution at your earliest convenience and process your request as instructed. Please do not use for this purpose the online Refund form below.
A cancellation is possible under the following conditions:
- If a refund request is submitted within 14 calendar days after the date of confirmation of payment and before the test date, you will receive a reimbursement of the test fee and no administration costs will be deducted.
- If a refund request is submitted outside the 14-day cancellation period but before 7 calendar days prior to the test date, you will receive a reimbursement of your test fee minus an administration fee of 21€ for Aptis ESOL General and for Teachers, and 24€ for Aptis ESOL Advanced.
- If you cancel your Aptis ESOL test registration outside the 14-days cancellation period but within 7 days to the test date, no refund will be issued, except in case of certified illness or compassionate reasons.
- If a refund request is submitted for certified illness or compassionate reasons (injury, adversity - e.g. theft or traffic accident - loss of family member up to second degree), you can submit a request within 4 weeks after the test date. You will receive a reimbursement of your test fee minus and administration fee of 21€ for Aptis ESOL General and for Teachers, and 24€ for Aptis ESOL Advanced. You must attach to your request written evidence (see Documentation section below).
To cancel your test date, please complete the Refund Request Form available at the end of the page. Please note that requests via e-mail or any other means of communication will not be processed. The British Council will make the repayment using the same means of payment you used for booking your test.
As part of the process, you will be prompted to upload relevant supporting evidence:
- Copy of the Confirmation of Payment email received after you completed your booking.
- Bank transfer slip (in case you completed your payment off-line).
- If applicable, written evidence justifying your absence on the test day:
Official medical certificate signed and stamped by a registered practitioner. If your request is based on Covid-19 grounds, and in absence of an official certificate, we may accept evidence in other formats, such as email or screenshot.
Police report, death certificate, other official statements.
In all cases, the British Council will make the repayment using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction.
|Refund Request Form