The British Council is on the first floor (there is a lift).
We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
British Council Las Rozas is located in a modern Youth Centre belonging to Las Rozas local council.
The bus stop of the 625 intercity bus from Madrid Moncloa and the L-2 local Las Rozas bus is 50 metres away (Avenida Nuestra Señora del Retamar - María Curie).
The nearest car / taxi drop-off point is right outside the Youth Centre, on Avenida Nuestra Señora del Retamar.
This drop-off point is 15m from the Youth Centre main entrance.
You can order an accessible taxi from Radio Taxi Las Rozas-Majadahonda, 91 638 3335 / 91 638 7222, whatsapp 680 833 333
British Council Las Rozas does not have a car park.
There are parking spaces in front of the building on Avenida Nuestra Señora del Retamar, including one reserved disabled parking space at the main entrance. To use the disabled parking space you need a disabled permit.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to British Council Las Rozas is provided via the main entrance to the Youth Centre on Avenida Nuestra Señora del Retamar. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users. Please ask the Youth Centre staff to call the lift so that you can access the British Council office and classrooms on the first floor.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- The width of the main entrance door of the Youth Centre is 95 cm.
- Wheelchair or pushchair access to the British Council office and classrooms is via a lift.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There is a customer service desk inside the British Council office. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- The customer service point is low-level and is suitable for visitors using wheelchairs.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
The Las Rozas Youth Centre is on two levels, and the British Council office and most of the classrooms are on the first floor. The first floor is accessible via a lift.
•Most of the classrooms are on the first floor and are accessible by lift. There is one classroom on the ground floor, which is also wheelchair accessible.
LIFT AND STAIRS
You can reach the first floor by lift or stairs.
- The lift is a passenger lift.
- The lift door width is 80 cm and the buttons are within 100 cm of the floor outside and 115 cm inside.
- The lift has Braille buttons.
- The stairs have a handrail on each side.
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There is an accessible toilet on the first floor, near the British Council office. It is suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- •The width of the toilet door is 92 cm. The door opens outwards.