We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
Somosaguas Teaching Centre is located in the Secondary building of the British Council School.
- Somosaguas Sur metro ligero station is 200m away.
- The number 562, 564, 658 bus stop is 50m away.
The nearest car drop-off point is [in Calle Solano, 7 and there is additional space behind the secondary building in Calle Siroco.
This drop-off point in Calle Solano is 5m from centre name main entrance.
There is also a drop-off point in Calle Solano, 7 that can be used by visitors with disabilities. Please contact us before your visit so that we can arrange this.
You can order an accessible taxi from http://www.rehatrans.com
Somosaguas Teaching Centre has on-street parking in Calle Solano although it can often be difficult to find a space. There is additional car parking space behind the Secondary Building in Calle Siroco.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to Somosaguas Teaching Centre is provided via the main entrance on Calle Solano, 7. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- The width of the main entrance door is 140cm.
- Wheelchair or pushchair access to the main entrance is via a ramp.
- Assistance dogs are welcome
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There is a customer service desk to the left of the main entrance etc]. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- There is a low-level customer service point that is suitable for visitors using wheelchairs.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
Before entering the building there is a security gate, which is 140cm wide
Somosaguas Teaching Centre is on three levels, with wide corridors and a lift accessible to visitors using wheelchairs. Other sections of the building have steps up and down, for which there are no ramps
- There are accessible classrooms which CAN BE ACCESSED BY A VISITOR USING A WHEELCHAIR
- There are accessible meeting rooms on the ground floor.
LIFT AND STAIRS
You can reach the first and second floors by lift or stairs.
- The lift is a passenger lift.
- The lift door width is 75 cm and the buttons are within 80 cm of the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille buttons.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The stairs have a handrail on the left hand side.
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There is an accessible toilet on the ground and first floor which are suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- The width of the toilet door is 75 cm. The door slides open