We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
Villaviciosa Teaching Centre is located in Escuela Santa Ana, a converted schoolhouse in the centre of Villaviciosa de Odón.
- Avenida Príncipe de Asturias and Avenida Calatalifa bus stops are 500m away.
As the centre is situated in the historic centre of the town, streets and pavements are narrow and may be more challenging for wheelchair users. In this case we could recommend approaching the building from travesía Santa Ana rather than from calle Móstoles. There is parking for blue badge holders at the school entrance.
The nearest drop-off point is directly outside the school on calle Santa Ana, where parking is also available for blue badge holders.
You can order an accessible taxi from Taxi Villaviciosa (Tel. 91 632 5055).
Villaviciosa Teaching Centre does not have a car park.
- There are free parking spaces on calle Santa Ana (outside the school) and travesía Santa Ana (20 metres away).
- There is a public accessible parking space outside the school on calle Santa Ana. This is free. To use it you need to display a Blue Badge.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to Villaviciosa Teaching Centre is provided via the main entrance on calle Santa Ana.The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- There is a set of five steps leading up to the main entrance.
- These steps have a handrail on the left side.
- The width of the main entrance door is 180cm.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There is a customer service office to the left of the main entrance. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
Villaviciosa Teaching Centre is on two levels, with the majority of the centre being accessible to wheelchair users. There is a section of the centre containing one classroom that is accessed by stairs, with no ramps. Access to the building from the street is by ramp or steps.
There is a toilet in the reception that has been adapted for use by wheelchair users.
- There are accessible classrooms on the lower level, which are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
One section of the building containing a classroom and the staff area is accessible by four steps, with no ramp. All other areas of the school are fully accessible.
- The stairs have a handrail on the left hand side.
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor in the reception area. It is suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- The width of the toilet door is 90cm. The door opens inwards.