Over two million people took exams with the British Council last year. We offer a wide range of exams, from English tests to school and business qualifications, in more than 90 countries worldwide.
There are some important forms and materials that you will need to bring on the exam day. And of course, you need to know about your exams dates, venues and times. You can find all of this information via the links below.
If you require special administration, for example extra time or special exams supervision due to a clash of exam papers, you will need to contact us at least six weeks before your first exam.
If your circumstances require a special test version to be prepared, you will first need to contact us when registering for the exam, see Special arrangements for exams.
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2022 EXAMINATIONS - CIE
Please check the CIE IGCSEs and A and AS Levels October/November 2022 Series calendar (pdf file).
You will receive your exam timetable as well as the specific location of the tests prior to the start of the corresponding Exam Series.
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2022 EXAMINATIONS - PEARSON EDEXCEL
Please check the Pearson Edexcel A and AS level exams timetable.
What to bring on exam day
You can avoid any stress or delays on your exam day by bringing all of the correct forms and equipment.
BEFORE YOU SET OFF:
• Aim to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the exam so that you can relax before it begins.
• Allow plenty of time for traffic or travel disruption (and always have an alternative travel plan in mind).
THINGS TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
• Personal identification
• Statement of Entry
• pens and pencils in a CLEAR bag
• basic calculator (of a type approved by your exam board)
• any extra equipment needed for your subject.
• No mobile phones, or any other electronic devices, are allowed in exam rooms.
• Don’t bring valuable belongings.