Our partners in Spain include trusted governmental organisations, top educational institutes and leading corporations. They are as diverse as our global networks. We encourage you to consider joining this prestigious list of British Council partners.
BUSINESS AND MEDIA
- We partner with public broadcaster Radio Nacional de España to produce The Selector and North by Southwest radio programmes. The Selector brings you the latest bands from the UK in bilingual (Spanish-English) forma. You will find the best emerging groups, artists and songs from the vibrant UK scene. North by SouthWest gives a taste of British and international culture and arts in Spain and also explores social, scientific and educational issues. North By Southwest is broadcast every week on RNE's Radio Exterior (World Service) as part of its English-language programming.
- We partner with Radio Televisión Española to promote the Let's Clan initiative. Let's Clan encourages parents and young children to make watching favourite television programmes on Clan TV an interactive and fun learning experience. British Council early year's experts have developed a series of guides for parents of three to six year olds to support their child's English learning through watching TV together in English.
- We work with the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport to support the development of bilingual education throughout Spain at infant, primary and secondary levels. This pioneering work has had impressive results in Spain. You can also learn more about our methods and work in bilingual education.
- We work closely with a number of governmental institutions, universities and colleges throughout Spain, as well as Chambers of Commerce and other business institutions, providing English classes and accreditation of English language level. We welcome opportunities to work with partners, so if you are interested in working with the British Council, please contact Mark Mitchell at email@example.com, telephone: 619373756.
- We work with Hay Festival Segovia by bringing leading UK authors, playwrights, film makers and inspirational journalists to this key literature festival in Spain.
- We partner with La Fábrica, a privately-run cultural organisation, in some of their main initiatives such as La Noche de los Libros and Photoespaña by advising them on and co-inviting major British writers and artists. We also work very closely with Fundación Contemporánea, created by La Fábrica, in their main international initiative: Pública, Professional Cultural Management. This is an annual encounter where most relevant specialists in the areas of cultural management and creative economy are invited to contribute to the international debate.
- We partner with the Instituto Nacional de las Artes Escénicas y de la Música (Ministry of Education and Culture), la Casa Encendida, la Red Española de Teatros, el Institut del Teatre, la Embajada del Reino de los Países Bajos y la Agencia Andaluza de Instituciones Culturales. As a group we co-organize an annual Conference on Social Inclusion and Education in the Performing Arts, which has now been running for six consecutive years.
- We partner with Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) in presenting the Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) Awards through which Spanish professionals from the creative sector are selected for a week of training and networking within their field of expertise.
- We partner with the CCCB in a number of literary activities, especially with the well-known literature festival Kosmopolis where we contribute actively to the programming. The CCCB is a centre of contemporary culture which organizes exhibitions, debates, festivals, lectures in Barcelona.
- We partner the Spanish Research Council in organising annual scientific workshops which bring together young researchers from the UK and Spain. Our Opening Doors series encourages scientific networks and the exchange of ideas on priortity areas of investigation for both countries.
- Our science communication competition Famelab is partnered in Spain with the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT). This year's edition promises to be bigger and better than ever.